New energy design rating (EDR) metrics – EDR1, Title 24 Compliance now require to meet EDR1, efficiency EDR2, and total EDR2 separately.
- Space heating equipment must be a heat pump only in certain climate zone.
- Water heating equipment must be an HPWH meeting certain criteria or a solar water heating system with an electric backup.
- a gas instantaneous water heater in a certain climate zone is allowed if the space air conditioning unit is a heat pump
- install an electric water heater with point-of-use distribution is allowed in the new unit under 500 SF
- a whole-house fan is not required in a new dwelling unit with a conditioned floor area under 500 SF